Chiropractic manipulative therapy is your road to recovery
A chiropractic adjustment, also known as chiropractic manipulation, manual manipulation, or spinal manipulation, is a common therapeutic treatment for lower back pain. A chiropractic adjustment refers to a chiropractor applying a rapid controlled movement to the vertebrae that have abnormal movement patterns or fail to function normally.
The objective of this chiropractic treatment is to reduce the subluxation, with the goals of increasing range of motion, reducing nerve irritability and improving function. There are various kinds of subluxations, but all of them are treatable with services from Hayden Chiropractic. Contact us today or visit our New Patients page for details before you call. We are conveniently located in Haverhill, MA.
Subluxations - a process, not just a condition
Your body is the most complex and intricate machine in the world. When one part of your body is affected, it can also affect other connected or neighboring parts. That's why subluxations are treated differently than a single injury such as a broken arm or laceration. The process includes:
- Hyperemia - excess blood in a specific area of the body
- Congestion - toxins irritating nerve endings within a muscle
- Edema - damaged or pressurized blood vessels lead to swelling
- Minute hemorrhages - minor bleeding or abnormal blood flow
- Fibrosis - scar tissue that develops with recurrent back pain
- Atrophy - muscle tissue partially shrunken due to inactivity